It was a sad day to leave my first practicum. I will truly miss the students and so many other aspects of the experience. I loved learning on my feet all day every day.
Even on the last Friday afternoon with a celebration and many good-byes we still managed to squeeze in a math game and a language lesson that incorporated critical thinking.
Of all the advice the main character received in the story, who gave the best advice and why? Justify your answer based on the criteria for judgment we developed as a class.
This turned into a discussion about identity and factors that influence our identity. It was great.
I still need to work on holding the students accountable for their own learning. My class was very motivated by marks. This is great except if you tell them they don't have to hand something in or something will not be marked some of them need another source of encouragement and engagement. I could have done a better job of referring back to the original criteria and the focus of the question to wrap things up.
I'd also like some more tools on how to engage a whole class in discussion when there are the familiar 4-8 hands that always go up? Of course including differentiated instruction is essential but is there a way to make more students feel safe participating?
I'm already looking forward to second practicum when I can tweak these skills and apply some of what I have been learning over the past month.
It was a pleasure reading everyone's blogs.
Some blogs I posted comments on include:
Lauren
Angela
Harmony
Janice
Winzie
No comments:
Post a Comment